Thursday, January 6, 2011

SJ 10 - Initial concept


My toy character which is Buzz Lightyear is a space ranger and was sent to the earth for a mission.To search for my concept, i have to find for inspiration. Since Buzz Lightyear is a space ranger and he was sent to the earth, i picked cloud as my inspiration. This is because, Cloud is is the only thing that separate space and earth. I studied about cloud to find more information about it. As i read through the information, clouds are actually not arranged in orderly manner, which in other word, CLUSTERED. I used the word Clustered as my concept.

I began by stacking up the tower not in order to make it clustered. 


Since my site has a very beautiful scenery and it is scenery, i used all the advantages that i have to make my tower blends in with the surrounding. My tower has three levels which is ground, first floor and second floor. The reason my i make the tower has three levels, so that Buzz can view the scenery from different level. In addition, I added the railing to my tower in order for buzz to view clearly and to feel the air breeze.



As for my final design, I reduced the layering since the layering does not has any benefits. I added more railing to the tower. And I put colours to the tower so that it will stand out when i put in on site later on since my site is very dull. The colours that i picked were inspired from Buzz Lightyears colour which is red, green and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment